Not all awards are handed out each year. Nominations shall be in writing with details of achievement documented to assist the awards committee.
Awards Available to be Presented:
CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION
- These certificates are awarded to non-members or organizations, who through their association with the Edmonton Zone have made significant contributions to the achievement of zone goals and objectives.
- These are presented to spouses, significant others, or family members of patrol members who have played a significant role by assisting members in the management of patrol activities which may have taken up valuable personal time for which we are grateful.
5/10/15/20/25 YEAR PINS
- Long service awards.
- Is awarded to a member for outstanding contributions and commitment toward efforts involving fund raising.
ZONE AWARD OF MERIT CERTIFICATE
- Is awarded to members for outstanding and continued service in the zone in a manner beyond that normally expected and for which efforts the zone expresses sincere and grateful appreciation.
ZONE APPRECIATION PIN
- Is awarded to members who have received the Award of Merit and continue to provide outstanding service beyond that which is normally expected.
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to the executive member who best supported all executive positions by their assistance and commitment to achieving the goals of the zone.
OUTSTANDING FIRST AID AWARD
- Is awarded to the member who exhibited outstanding first aid above and beyond normal patrol duties. This award may be given for an incident while patrolling or while not patrolling.
AREA PATROLLER OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to a member from each area in the zone who has exhibited outstanding leadership capabilities, a strong sense of responsibility to their area and commitment to the CSPS.
APL OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to the APL who best exhibits the potential to become a patrol leader. This member provides assistance to the PL in an exceptional manner.
PATROL LEADER OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to the PL who best exhibits outstanding leadership ability, excellent rapport with both the area patrol and area management and best contributed to the success of the patrol.
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (FYP AWARD)
- Is awarded to a new member of the CSPS who has shown outstanding achievement and commitment to his area and the zone. Areas of fund raising, public relations, training, area commitment, function participation and extra curricular patrolling activities shall be taken into consideration.
EDMONTON ZONE PATROLLER OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to a member of the CSPS who has shown outstanding achievement and commitment to his/her area and the zone. Areas of fund raising, public relations, training, area commitment, function participation and extra curricular patrolling activities shall be taken into consideration.
JIM GRAY TROPHY
- Is awarded to a member who has made a continuous and outstanding contribution to First Aid training above that which is normally expected within the zone.
ON HILL TRAINING AWARD
- Is awarded to a member who has made a continuous and outstanding contribution to On Hill training above that which is normally expected within the zone.
GARY WILSON AWARD
- This is the most coveted award which a member of our zone can be given. This award is given to a patroller who has exhibited all of those qualities of a good patroller who has shown excellent leadership and has been actively involved in any aspect of the patrol for a number of years.
JUNIOR PATROLLER OF THE YEAR
- Is awarded to a Junior Patroller who has shown outstanding achievement and commitment to his/her area and the zone, and who exemplifies the Junior Patrol program.
JAMES JARDINE SPIRIT OF THE CSPS – EDMONTON ZONE AWARD
- Is awarded to a member who represents outstanding enthusiasm, respect and dedication for what CSPS represents not only in everyday patrol duties but to further portray CSPS spirit and ideals.